Reviews of K.L.E.R.E.
Thurs. 5/4 (doors 8pm) at Twisted Branch Tea Bazaar, Charlottesville VA, w/Jeffrey Lewis & Devon Sproule. FB event
"Really really really really [...] really really really like your show and your style. Really? Yeah. Really. Have listened to all the shows in the mp3 archive, whilst at work. It is a wonderful and extravagant experience. Thank you for your efforts."
- "Just wonderful stuff. Full of serendipity, questions, collisions, mixes and stirs."
- "I like it all, love the calls, the breaking down of pop rock riffs into ambient loops, the abstracted movie quotes. I also love hearing the threads disappear and come back through out different shows."
- "I've thought of them as a soundtrack to the craziest EPCOT ride ever."
- "your ways of creating leaves room for the listener's mind and also places it in an environment that is sensory and inspiring in an unfamiliar way. It is very much like a dynamic statue garden or otherwise impossible gallery exhibition."
- "Weird and strange and interesting as ever. Love the synchronicities that pop up now and then."
- "feels like swimming in sound; surfing in soundscapes; an ode to life now. listening i feel rooted in the world echoing inside and the other way around. with your show, sound doesn't save my soul, sound is my soul."
- "your atmospheric enviroments take me away from the suburbian craters I currently find myself surviving. The world is a night of sunshine and I am glad you share it."
- "Really really really really [...] really really really like your show and your style. Really? Yeah. Really. Have listened to all the shows in the mp3 archive, whilst at work. It is a wonderful and extravagant experience. Thank you for your efforts."
- "Your radio productions are truly gifted works of art. Thanks for sharing them with us. When I catch your show I am always amazed and wind up learning something new."
- "I just wanted to tell you your show is the most mesmerizing, exciting radio on anywhere. I even forget it's your show and get mesmerized...it's kind of serendipitous how I catch it. I've listened before but catch it by chance, and it's amazing. Thank you for doing it, and keep doing it."
- "listening to you / what i remembered about what has always drawn me to music / what moved me about yr set / was that i felt like i had ditched my body & was simply a presence there / while i was there i experienced what you were doing as seamless egoless / a reflection like a reflection of a tree in a pond / being there & not commenting on itself"
- "Your soundscapes are just wonderful...You are so generous in posting your amazing, wonderful fantasy mixes for us to enjoy."
- "You're like a reality conductor."
- "I love it. Fantastic is what I say. I love your shows, Ken. It's relaxing and exciting at the same time. Bravo."
- "You are part of the new wave of dj culture, one that is no longer concerned with b.p.m. but with horizontal mental dances."
- "You are a rare artist. Self indulgently beautiful."
- "I have currently been online for 7hrs listening to the stuff you have on the website, man it is incredible! I cannot stress enough how wonderful your mixes/shows are, and really hope you do more."
- "enjoyed your cd -- a real mindblower... i can really picture it as a psycho-spatial-acoustic mindbender installation. very environmental stuff, as in, becomes part of the surroundings, or becomes the surroundings..."
- "I really like what you are doing and trying to do. It's very scary and interesting to think that almost all you do is based on chance. Your ability to catch "the moment" is astonishing."
- "high audio weirdness...the most original radio show of which i ever claim to be a regular listener."
- "It's really a very strange experience. I would call it psycho-musical fracking. It's like going to therapy and being there for hours and not knowing if you can get out. I'm enjoying it and vaguely also disturbed by it all, and I want more."
- "you are some sort of psycho-archeologist and perhaps extraordinarily deep. And there is much wisdom in the vast depths of your shows. One only has to enjoy and survive the medium since the message is there, but not offered in a conventional way. Funny, dramatic and unique."
- "I believe you belong to the very small group of DJ's who have in some way reinvented the genre. I truly believe you are the author of a unique creative experience and wonder how it could be made into some actual "theater" that would include improv, psychodrama, therapy and entertainment."
- "Can't recommend enough: a live, spontaneous music collage that creates a powerful psychedelic Dada experience. Something really unique. Try it at least once."
- "I experienced the night as soulful sonic alchemy. Your spontaneous collage left me feeling expansive and transported yet present and playful. I could feel an intangible shift in my heart in a way that allowed something inside to unfurl and make room for a new unknown possibility, a fertile potential that felt fully ripe, even within the not knowing. It was both seductive and fulfilling, leaving me both satisfied and wanting more."
- "I am continually enchanted and captivated by your light. Your sound experiments take me immediately into a space of playfullness and curiousity. You capture beautifully the spirit of adventure, peace and love."
- "Your observations are vivid and disconnecting. Ken's Last Ever terrifies everyone I share it with."
- "feels like swimming in sound; surfing in soundscapes; an ode to life now. listening if feel rooted in the world echoing inside and the other way around. this is communication! common navigation. catch'n'come together. thank you. with your show, sound doesn't save my soul, sound is my soul. soulkitchen. collective soul. (writting between rain drops, car breaks and bird songs, in geneva, switzerland)"
- "this was a great experience and can I please listen to this every night before I go to sleep?"
- "I've been listening to your show pretty much every day, all different ones. There aren't words to articulate all that it means to me, or how it evokes so much emotion and energy.. I just need you to know how important it is, that you keep creating. You are a brilliant soul and a conduit for creativity, for honesty.. an enigma. You've inspired me in many ways that I am still beginning to understand."
- "A masterful tour-guide, steering listeners through swaths and surges of color, emotion, possibility, inspiration."
- "We need more people like you who are willing to stretch the boundaries of what we think is musically possible."
- "I love what you do, the experimental & spiritual nature of it all."
- "It is like an explosion of wow."